Mr. A. K. Shiyanbola was born on 29th March, 1965 in Lagos Island. He attended St. Paul’s Anglican School, Idi-Oro, Lagos from 1971-1977 and Comprehensive High School, Igbesa Ogun State between 1979 & 1984. He was first appointed in the University College Hospital, Ibadan as a Clerk. He thereafter proceeded to the Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti for his B.Sc. Degree course from 1990-1994. He later proceeded to the University of Ibadan for his M.Sc. Industrial/Organisational Psychology between 1998 – 2000. He bagged the Professional Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Management in 2009-2011, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Ekiti State University, 2011-2014 and Graduate Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain Management of the National Open University of Nigeria, 2013-2014. He was converted to the Administrative cadre on the post of Assistant Secretary II in 1996. He rose through the ranks to the post of Deputy Director of Administration in January, 2014. Mr. Shiyanbola is also a member of several professional associations. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Health Service Administrators of Nigeria. Associate, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. Member, Nigerian Institute of Management. Member, Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Management of Nigeria and Member, Nigerian Psychological Association.
Mr. Shiyanbola has demonstrated considerable experience and exposure in his professional career as evidenced by his serving in various Committees at Presidential, Ministerial and state levels, these include:
- Presidential Project Implementation Committee (PPIC) of the Federal Government/VAMED Engineering on Rehabilitation and Re-equipping of 14 Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria – 2003-2014
- Presidential Project Implementation Committee (PPIC) on Nigerian Armed Forces Medical Equipment Awaiting clearance and installations from the ports – 2004
- Ministerial Committee on Human Resources Training Needs Assessment of all Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria – 2011
- Technical Working Group (TWG) on the upgrade of the 3rd Phase and Management of the 1st and 2nd Phase of the Federal Government of Nigeria/VAMED Engineering Teaching Hospital Rehabilitation Project. – 2014 – Date
- NMA Oyo State Study Group on Health Sector Reform – 2016
His leadership qualities are also impressive. He was the Head of Students (Senior Prefect) in Secondary School, President of the National Association of Psychology Students. He served as the Secretary of University College Hospital, (UCH), Anti-Corruption Transparency and Monitoring Unit (ACTU). Furthermore, as a testimony of his sterling leadership qualities, he has the prestigious University of Ibadan, Registrar award for Exemplary Leadership and significance contribution to academic excellence. He is the current Chairman, Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) Bodija Chapter. He has also attended several workshops, conferences and seminars both local and international in course of his professional career.